Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Unfair Fight That Should Unify Conservatives, Women, and Mothers

Here is the situation.

On one side, you have the wife of a presidential candidate actively campaigning, speaking at rallies, and regularly sticking her foot in her mouth by making snide remarks about her country. This woman has called America a "mean" country. She said that the fact that her husband's ability to run for and win a party's nomination for president makes her "proud of [her] country" for the first time. She is an active member of the campaign. She is a campaign spokesperson. Yet, she is beyond reproach. Any questions about her are low-brow, below the belt, low class, and just plain wrong.

On the other side, you have a woman who has accepted the nomination to be her party's Vice President. Her family appears with her at times, but they do not speak. They are not involved in the campaign. They are her family, a separate part of her life. Her husband does not take the stump for her. Her children are not speaking at the national convention. Yet, all of the left-wing media, from the 5,000 failing NBC channels to CNN to ABC to MSN.com to Yahoo.com, all of them are attacking her family, the brunt of the attack focused on a teenage girl.

This campaign has gotten out of hand. I can deal with the media being so obviously biased for Barack Obama. I can live with their 10 times more favorable coverage of Hussein Obama. I can live with the rockstar-like coverage of his field trip to the middle east and Europe. I can even deal with the fact non of his left-wing media friends, and he has a lot, questioned his skipping out on meeting with injured troops in Germany. I can live with all the attacks against McCain or Sarah Palin. I can live with being called racist for not liking Obama, even though his ethnicity has no bearing whatsoever on my dislike.

However, I have a serious, serious problem with attacking a seventeen year-old girl. I have a serious issue with attacks against a teenager who has made a mistake that millions of teens have done, a mistake celebrated and encouraged by most people on the same side that are now attacking her. I have a serious problem with these irresponsible media folks attacking an innocent family for something that has zero bearing on the campaign.

It is just another sad example of how Obama is not qualified to be President. At no point in the 2008 election has Obama shown and outlined his qualifications. He cannot and will not run on the issues. He knows it. The democrats know it. The media knows it. So, they have to run attacks and smears like going after a pregnant teenager.

Pre-marital and unprotected sex are not things I endorse. I am sure Sarah Palin and her husband did not endorse nor encourage their 17-year-old to practice those type of things. However, she is a teen. Teens make mistakes. Teens think they know it all and do things they might later regret. It happens. Yet this teen and her family are united. They are supporting the teen who has opted to keep the baby. She plans to wed the father of the baby. There are far greater errors in judgement teens can make.

How low-brow is it to attack a family and embarrass, hurt, and psychologically scar a 17-year-old girl? How is this okay, yet to question Michelle Obama and her slightly anti-American comments a travesty of travesties?

How can you people sleep at night?

I like Sarah Palin. Her resume might be a little on the thin side, yet she has more executive, decision-making experience than Barack Obama. She has stuck her neck out an enabled change in a short time in the Governor's Office in Juneau, Alaska. She has a track record. She has a policy-based platform to run on as Vice President. She offers more qualifications and experience than Obama, who is running to be President. She is strong, smart, of high morals, and will bring change to Washington. She is a no-nonsense person who will fight for what is right, not what is popular.

She also offers the answer to many Hillary supporters. Those voters, especially many of the women voters, are upset that Obama is in and Hillary did not even get considered to be on the ticket as Vice President. Sarah Palin scares the Democrats. She, like McCain, cannot be defeated on issues.

So, what can they do?

Attack her 17-year-old daughter.

Way to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You said it, brother. I don't think I've ever heard Obama be straight on issues.

About Me...And This Blog Site...

My name is David A. Ebert, the oldest of two siblings produced by my parents, Leah and David G. Ebert. We are all Republicans, but I take it a toke or two...well, closer to 10 tokes...further than my parents,

I am very much a Right Wing Conservative. I am a Reagan Conservative. I believe Americans, in general, are smarter than elected officials in Washington, DC. We should be more in charge than the Government.

We, as individuals and families, should have more responsibility over our own, hard-earned money and not send more and more and more taxes to the out-of-touch politicians. I believe the government is there to serve us, and not us to serve them.

I believe in America's greatness and that, overall, we are the most generous, forgiving, intelligent, and genuinely decent country in the world. I also believe that we are the most powerful nation in the history of the world, but do not use that power to hold over the collective heads of other nations.

I believe that low taxes, intelligent spending of those tax revenues, strong initiatives on defense and education, and small government influence on the day-to-day lives of Americans are some of the most important ideals related to how the US should be operated.I believe in the freedoms granted by the US Constitution. I believe that judges should uphold and interpret the laws as written in the US Constitution, and not refer to any foreign legislation to make their historic decisions.

I believe the First Amendment, as well as the entire Bill of Rights, are the most important laws this world has ever seen.

I believe abortion is WRONG. I believe that homosexuality is WRONG. I believe that allowing anyone to publicly debate the possibility of lowering the age of consent, especially for young boys to consent to older men, is a tragedy of morality. I believe that organizations like NAMBLA should be publicly shunned and not given a platform to spew their harmful and dangerous rhetoric.

I believe there is a sad lacking in the ability of our nation to appreciate and accept self responsibility. We, as a nation, blame daddy, racism, sexism, classism, mommy, the mean teacher, the mean little league coach, the loud mouthed uncle, the financial status of the neighborhood in which we grew up in, and a million and one other reasons why we do not succeed. How often do we, as a nation, take the blame for our own mistakes? How often do you hear someone accept responsibility for their own mistakes? How often?

I am conservative. I am worried about the future of the country and the planet, especially if O-BOMB-A or Billary Clinton make it to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. I will start posting my fears, my hopes, my ideas as they all relate to news and politics. I hope to open some eyes and change some opinions with my writings. Most of all, I hope you will read my words and be inspired to find the truth...and not rely on Chris Matthews or Keith Olberman or Katie Couric or Matt Lauer for your opinions. I hope you will break the mold and do something unreal...unexpected...do something that O-BOMB-A and Billary are afraid of you doing...

THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Cross Referencing My Blogs