Friday, November 20, 2009

Health Care Fiasco

First, let me say that I agree 100% that our health care system needs reform and adjustments. There are definitely gaps and problems within the system. However, we have the GREATEST system on Earth, hands down. The well-to-do in countries like England and Canada (you know, the places who already have government-run health care) fly HERE for basic to drastic medical needs. Why?

So, here is my problem with what is going on in DC regarding health care bills. First, the sheer mass of the bills. In the House of Representatives, over 1,800 pages. In the Senate, over 2,000 pages. How in the world, in a matter of a couple of weeks, can anyone in Congress know what in the world they are voting on? There is no way to completely understand the consequences of their actions, yet they forge through without regard for their careers, the American people, and the future of the nation.

One major issue I have with Obama and the Democrats' plan is that they claim the plan will be deficit neutral. How? By cutting billions of dollars in waste in Medicare, Medicaid, and other government-run programs. Really? You need to sign the check to spend that money before you have actually cut the waste? You need to pass a massive spending bill before you will act to cut waste? Why can't the government cut that waste now???

Next, is the issue of abortion. I am not for abortion. At no time. The only time I can see abortion as allowable is if there is a certainty that both the mother and child will die unless the pregnancy is aborted. If there is no other way to save the mother and the baby will not survive no matter what, then I can see the moral argument to abort. However, drive-thru abortions, abortions to cover for an affair or a one-night-stand, teens covering up their own stupidity, and other such birth-control related purposes are nothing short of murder. I believe in Pro-Choice. If you choose to have sex, you choose to live with the moral, ethical, emotional, and physical consequences.

That being said, Harry Reid will not stop until my tax dollars pay for abortions. I absolutely refuse to allow my tax dollars to be used to murder innocent babies. People like Planned Parenthood and their ilk are sick. Abortion is murder. Tax dollars to support this murder is a travesty, and it will be in the bill, despite any claims of an amendment included in the House.

Next, how can the government mandate you purchase an approved insurance program? Where in the US Constitution (you know, the founding document that defines the powers the government, the same document the Democrats routinely ignore and walk all over) does the federal government have the power to force individuals to purchase insurance? Obama promised that if you like your coverage and like your doctor, nothing will change. Hmmm...so what defines government approved insurance coverage? Can anyone voting on this massive spending bill tell me that?

After that, no one has answered the question in a straight-forward manner: will the language in the final bill force jail-time for those individuals refusing to purchase insurance? Will there be jail time for business owners who will not/cannot afford to provide the mandated insurance for all employees? Jail for not being able to afford, or choosing not to purchase, insurance...yes or no? Still no answer on that.

Next, and most importantly from an economic standpoint, the forcing of ALL businesses to provide insurance to ALL employees. From the mom and pop store with 3 employees through Wal-Mart, every employee must be covered. Oh, yeah, this will drive down the unemployment rate. I am sure that Joe-Bob and Sally-Sue Jenkins and their Nickel and Dime Pop Shop will be able to pay their employees the ever-increasing minimum wage AND insurance, every employee from the retiree stocking the shelves 15 hours a week to the high school junior studying Chemistry in-between customers at the register. The pop shop will have to purchase insurance for their employees. Not just insurance, but government approved insurance. I am sure Joe-Bob and Sally-Sue can afford to run their business and purchase insurance for all of their employees. Yeah, small businesses won't be hurt at all. Employers can afford this program without cutting jobs, oh yeah.

This health care fiasco does nothing to lower costs, the deficit, or cover everyone as promised. It is just a massive power-grab and spending bill. The issues of sky-rocketing malpractice insurance, the frivolous lawsuits, and other wasteful and cost-driving issues are no where to be found on the agenda. REAL reform is ignored, and in its stead is a bunch of gobbledy-gook and spending.

So, for the people than bankrupted Medicare and Social Security, partially because they opened the check books for illegal immigrants that never paid into the system, they are about to take over 20% of the nation's economy. I am sure they won't screw THIS one up...

No comments:

About Me...And This Blog Site...

My name is David A. Ebert, the oldest of two siblings produced by my parents, Leah and David G. Ebert. We are all Republicans, but I take it a toke or two...well, closer to 10 tokes...further than my parents,

I am very much a Right Wing Conservative. I am a Reagan Conservative. I believe Americans, in general, are smarter than elected officials in Washington, DC. We should be more in charge than the Government.

We, as individuals and families, should have more responsibility over our own, hard-earned money and not send more and more and more taxes to the out-of-touch politicians. I believe the government is there to serve us, and not us to serve them.

I believe in America's greatness and that, overall, we are the most generous, forgiving, intelligent, and genuinely decent country in the world. I also believe that we are the most powerful nation in the history of the world, but do not use that power to hold over the collective heads of other nations.

I believe that low taxes, intelligent spending of those tax revenues, strong initiatives on defense and education, and small government influence on the day-to-day lives of Americans are some of the most important ideals related to how the US should be operated.I believe in the freedoms granted by the US Constitution. I believe that judges should uphold and interpret the laws as written in the US Constitution, and not refer to any foreign legislation to make their historic decisions.

I believe the First Amendment, as well as the entire Bill of Rights, are the most important laws this world has ever seen.

I believe abortion is WRONG. I believe that homosexuality is WRONG. I believe that allowing anyone to publicly debate the possibility of lowering the age of consent, especially for young boys to consent to older men, is a tragedy of morality. I believe that organizations like NAMBLA should be publicly shunned and not given a platform to spew their harmful and dangerous rhetoric.

I believe there is a sad lacking in the ability of our nation to appreciate and accept self responsibility. We, as a nation, blame daddy, racism, sexism, classism, mommy, the mean teacher, the mean little league coach, the loud mouthed uncle, the financial status of the neighborhood in which we grew up in, and a million and one other reasons why we do not succeed. How often do we, as a nation, take the blame for our own mistakes? How often do you hear someone accept responsibility for their own mistakes? How often?

I am conservative. I am worried about the future of the country and the planet, especially if O-BOMB-A or Billary Clinton make it to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. I will start posting my fears, my hopes, my ideas as they all relate to news and politics. I hope to open some eyes and change some opinions with my writings. Most of all, I hope you will read my words and be inspired to find the truth...and not rely on Chris Matthews or Keith Olberman or Katie Couric or Matt Lauer for your opinions. I hope you will break the mold and do something unreal...unexpected...do something that O-BOMB-A and Billary are afraid of you doing...

THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Cross Referencing My Blogs