Friday, June 26, 2009

Obama's Health Plan...Well, Willard Scott will be out of a job...

Once you read this blog, you will find that title in poor taste. You might even find the title repulsive. Hate the title. Hate the message. And remember, I am only commenting on the truth. I am hoping you people will forget Governor Sanford. I hope you will ignore the platitudes and bumper sticker slogans. I hope you will see past the garbage that is the main-stream media and their, to borrow a title from an EXCELLENT book about the 2008 campaign by Bernard Goldberg, Slobbering Love Affair with Barack Obama.

Open your eyes. Read between the lines. The lines are becoming more and more spread apart because Americans have become apathetic. Americans have their heads buried in the sand. If we don't reclaim America, and do it fast, while we have our heads in the sand, might as well raise up about 30" and go ahead and kiss our butts goodbye.

We are losing America. The greatest threat to freedom is the smooth-talking car salesman in the White House. He would smooth-talk most people into slaughtering their first born to help reduce the deficit he is expanding by the millisecond.

Am I overreacting? Am I propagandizing? Am I letting racist tendencies cloud my judgement?

MSNBC, CBS, NBC, and the 24-hour-Obama network (this week, anyway) ABC, would have you think so. The New York Times, if I had more than my modest readership, would accuse me of being responsible for killing Dr. Tiller and being a racist like the moronic piece of excrement that shot up the Holocaust museum.

But, I am not. I am an American. I am proud of my country, a great (though imperfect) nation. I love freedom and small government. I love the idea that I know better how to run my life than some stiffs in suits in Washington, DC. I think that if a woman has sex, she has made that choice with her body and that the killing of the pregnancy is MURDER. If you don't want kids, keep your legs closed....that is your choice, lady. If a woman is attacked, either physically, virtually, or in print, the person doing the attacking is scum (much like the scum who wrote the hate f**k list).

I also love and cherish the idea of previous generations making impacts on lives long into their golden years. I believe that the elderly have opportunities to contribute until they take their final breath, and we should do everything to ensure there are as many breaths in that lifetime as medically possible.

Obama and his health plan spell out different fates for the elderly. His plan would deny health care, critical, life-saving health care to elderly. Hence, the title of my blog...Obama's plan would lower the average age of the United States by decades as people would be dying sooner and sooner. Thus, putting Willard Scott out of a job announcing the 90-100+ seniors' birthdays.

Am I overreacting? Let me explain.

A woman told a brief anecdote about her grandmother.

The grandmother was 100 years old in 2004. She was failing in health, but had a "spirit" and lived an active lifestyle. The granny participated in many activities and kept the word "live" in alive. She was very spunky (my word) and had a lot more living to do, but just needed the lifesaving implantation of a pacemaker. Several doctors denied the operation. Finally, because of the grandmother's spirit, one doctor did the lifesaving operation. Guess what? 5 years later, in 2009, granny is still going strong, thanks to the doctor that looked at the individual and saw there was a life being lived...a life that needed saving.

The question posed to Obama from the woman, who had talked about her grandmother being saved and living a full life after the life-saving operation 5 years ago, asked if there would be, under the Obama plan, room for a doctor's judgement to determine that, despite age, a person's spirit and determination and ability to live a full life is worthy of taking the risk to save their life with an operation like a pacemaker.

The all-knowing, all caring, all seeing, great orator of our time answered as eloquently as he could without his teleprompter, answered this question in the coldest, meanest, most soul-less way possible. Forgive me as I paraphrase, but you surely can find the actual clip online.

To answer this woman's question as to whether her spunky grandmother would have lived those extra 5 full years under the Obama plan, Obama, the chosen one!, told this woman the following. He said that "spirit" is a very subjective idea, an idea that is hard to measure. He said that there have to be "rules" to determine whether a life-saving operation is feasible...RULES. RULES to determine whether we will save a life. Black and white, non-subjective RULES. He continued that those rules would determine whether the doctor would save the life, or "just give her a pill for the pain."

Do you get it? Do you see? I have been so outraged...so sickened...so worried about our future, I could not put fingers to keypad until 1am CDT two days later. I cannot believe what we are on the cusp of seeing enacted in the United States of America. Its bad enough children are shucking their responsibility to their aging parents and buries so many seniors in decrepit nursing homes, but now we are talking about a cut-off age for life-saving operations.

"Oh, sorry, you just turned 66. If you'd come in two weeks ago, you could have gotten the pacemaker. Here's a pill. Thank you, come again!"

Do you see? Can't you see where we are heading? Are you scared yet? Look at your grandparents...even your parents...under Obama-care, they better get sick young, or they will die slowly with survivable medical conditions because of Obama's RULES.

God help us if this passes.

No comments:

About Me...And This Blog Site...

My name is David A. Ebert, the oldest of two siblings produced by my parents, Leah and David G. Ebert. We are all Republicans, but I take it a toke or two...well, closer to 10 tokes...further than my parents,

I am very much a Right Wing Conservative. I am a Reagan Conservative. I believe Americans, in general, are smarter than elected officials in Washington, DC. We should be more in charge than the Government.

We, as individuals and families, should have more responsibility over our own, hard-earned money and not send more and more and more taxes to the out-of-touch politicians. I believe the government is there to serve us, and not us to serve them.

I believe in America's greatness and that, overall, we are the most generous, forgiving, intelligent, and genuinely decent country in the world. I also believe that we are the most powerful nation in the history of the world, but do not use that power to hold over the collective heads of other nations.

I believe that low taxes, intelligent spending of those tax revenues, strong initiatives on defense and education, and small government influence on the day-to-day lives of Americans are some of the most important ideals related to how the US should be operated.I believe in the freedoms granted by the US Constitution. I believe that judges should uphold and interpret the laws as written in the US Constitution, and not refer to any foreign legislation to make their historic decisions.

I believe the First Amendment, as well as the entire Bill of Rights, are the most important laws this world has ever seen.

I believe abortion is WRONG. I believe that homosexuality is WRONG. I believe that allowing anyone to publicly debate the possibility of lowering the age of consent, especially for young boys to consent to older men, is a tragedy of morality. I believe that organizations like NAMBLA should be publicly shunned and not given a platform to spew their harmful and dangerous rhetoric.

I believe there is a sad lacking in the ability of our nation to appreciate and accept self responsibility. We, as a nation, blame daddy, racism, sexism, classism, mommy, the mean teacher, the mean little league coach, the loud mouthed uncle, the financial status of the neighborhood in which we grew up in, and a million and one other reasons why we do not succeed. How often do we, as a nation, take the blame for our own mistakes? How often do you hear someone accept responsibility for their own mistakes? How often?

I am conservative. I am worried about the future of the country and the planet, especially if O-BOMB-A or Billary Clinton make it to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. I will start posting my fears, my hopes, my ideas as they all relate to news and politics. I hope to open some eyes and change some opinions with my writings. Most of all, I hope you will read my words and be inspired to find the truth...and not rely on Chris Matthews or Keith Olberman or Katie Couric or Matt Lauer for your opinions. I hope you will break the mold and do something unreal...unexpected...do something that O-BOMB-A and Billary are afraid of you doing...

THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Cross Referencing My Blogs